4 January 2015

Holidays 2014; well spent...


I tend to surround myself with books since the past two months. So my holiday is all about goodreads. It only hits me after 3 and a half years signing up as a student teacher, realizing how incompetence I am in my own field. Turn out it is the best hobby ever; the feeling when you are so engrossed in a book amazed me in a way I cannot describe. Not that I didn’t read anything before, but only recently I realized how amazing reading is in making me forget all that is happening around me, especially when I am sad. I cannot find any good word to describe it but it is really really amazing.



Apart from that, I also learnt how to bake a decent cake. I never like baking actually; for me it’s the most annoying activity in the universe. But I did it anyway, you know, we need skills to survive. Who knows it might come in handy one day?





…and friends were engaged and getting married soon, I am so excited for them. Yay, I love wedding. Seeing them makes me feel so old; I then realized that it’s been ages since we joined the buffalo in the mud, jumped on a snake in the river (accidentally), ran up the hill and climbed up trees together. I had the most wonderful childhood.



Anyway, 1 week until school is open, and I am going back to routines. Wake up at 6.00 am, class until 12.00pm sometimes 2.00pm, sports event, practicum, assignments, TESL night and exams.


All the best 2015!

6 comments:

Eudora Priscilla said...

All the best! :)

Gaby said...

Thanks! U too! :)

beaty said...

All the best Gaby!!

Phy said...

Hi Gaby. I am a total bookworm since I was a kid. When I read I'd get so engrossed that I wouldn't hear my mum calling me. It really made her exasperated, lol. Nowadays with a toddler running around, I don't really get to read much.

Anyways, good luck for the start of school. :)

Gaby said...

thank u beaty! u too... :)

Gaby said...

Hello Phy! :) I think I can imagine how exasperated your mum was since my mum is a bookworm too! Hehe... She wouldn't hear me talking to her.. Well I guess I better spend my single life with books before I have kids running around to take care of! :)

Thank u for the wish and good luck to you too.. :)