19 March 2015

My Sibu Trip (14-18 March 2015): Day 1 Part 1

I have always wanted to travel. My dream is to spend my every holiday travelling around the country or abroad by road. So, we can assume that this trip is my starting point, to get experience and learn a lil bit of everything about travelling before I go on a more adventurous trip outside the country. 

So, there we were; 3 clueless kids on our first road trip to Sibu, Sarawak. :D

We did not buy a direct flight to Sibu because it was expensive.  The only available flight from Kota Kinabalu to Sibu is by Malaysia Airlines, and being students, we cannot afford that. So, we bought an Air Asia flight to Miri; which cost us RM120 to and fro including insurance, and travel to Sibu by bus. The flight to Miri took about 30 minutes, so, if you are hungry during the journey, I think it is advisable to wait until you are safely landed (rugi bah! bukan murah makanan airasia -,-)

Upon reaching Miri, we went straight to the bus terminal by taxi which cost us RM30. I think the fee is quite reasonable since the bus terminal is quite far from the airport, roughly 20 minutes journey (I don't remember actually). 

I tell you, you have to put a strong face in Miri Bus Terminal. The people are aggressive; they will force you, annoys you, pull you hard until you agree to travel by their buses. I recalled this one uncle who didn't stop pulling us, didn't even give us chance to have our breakfast until we finally agree to buy his ticket. So we did; to shut him up. Haha..*SIGH* They are many choice of buses; so choose the one that suits your travel time because they have their own timing to operate. The fee is RM40-RM50; depends on the bus. 

At 9.00 am, we departed for Sibu. The journey took about 7 hours, it was tiring but for me it's tolerable because the bus had no nauseous scent, thank goodness. And maybe because I slept mostly during the journey :p but I was aware a few minutes of every hours to enjoy the scenery (mostly forest). The bus stopped twice during the journey at Batu Niah and Bintulu for 10 minutes, we used that short period to inhale a little bit of fresh air, go to the loo and stock up some snacks to ease the  singing tummy. We didn't have much time to order food at the restaurant, so we had to hold our hunger until Sibu!

After 7 hours, we finally reached Sibu!

No comments: